Sponsor a Student
The School of Hope has grown tenfold since its inception in 2003. Student sponsorship is the life-blood of EFTC from purchasing books, paying teachers' salaries to the nutritious meals the students need each day to concentrate on their studies. Our integrated approach ensures that our student's educational, hygiene, nutritional and psychological needs are supported.
Sponsorships are available for students at The School of Hope and for those who have graduated and want to continue their studies. Education for the Children has proven that we can break the cycle of poverty and there have been many examples of our graduating students making a positive economic and social difference to the community of Jocotenango.
What does it mean to be a sponsor?
From the moment you join our sponsorship programme, you will have the opportunity to follow the progress of your student as they work towards a brighter future for themselves and their families. Sponsors are most welcome to visit the school, take a tour, spend time with their student, and even meet their family!
Regardless of which level you choose the relationship you have with your student is entirely up to you. You will however receive a letter at least twice a year, with a current photo and, if necessary an English translation.
If you would prefer to contribute monthly, without being allocated a student please let us know when we contact you.
What types of sponsorship are available?
School of Hope Co-Sponsorships - from just £3 a month. Contribute towards sponsorship for a student whose costs aren’t currently fully covered in one of the Primary and Middle School categories below.
School of Hope Primary and Middle School Sponsorships - These are the students who attend the School of Hope, and range from Kindergarten to Middle School. Sponsorships are available for:
- Nutrition (£13 a month) - provides two nutritious meals each day, including morning snack and lunch, along with fruit and vitamin-packed drinks. Your student is then ready and energised to learn every single day!
- Education (£32.50 a month) - provides all learning materials like pencils and notebooks, as well as a contribution to the teacher's salary and your student’s costs of attendance at the School of Hope
- Full (£45.00 a month) - you will support both your student’s nutrition and education needs. This includes learning materials, cost of school attendance and two daily nutritious meals
- Class (£100 a month) - you will support an entire class with additional creative materials and technological equipment to aid classroom learning. Plus, a contribution to ongoing teacher training
Further Education Sponsorships - Students who progress to College or University are no longer part of the tuition-free School of Hope. These students require specifically-tailored materials as they delve into their chosen careers:
- Materials and uniform (£15 a month) - contributes towards books, calculators, and extra school materials a student needs throughout the year. You are also contributing towards the school uniform that is required once they leave us to pursue a more specific and advanced education
- Tuition Fees (£35 a month) - contributes to the cost of your student's higher education. This is a combination of tuition and inscription fees, along with fees for any special events they need to attend while studying elsewhere
- Full Further Education (£50 a month) - this supports your student’s tuition, materials and uniform needs as they continue their advanced education
Through other funding, all our students have access to social services and support provided by The School of Hope.
What do our students think about their sponsors?
“Thank you for helping me understand that my education is so important. I hope that we continue to be friends in the future.“
– Flor Yolanda, 16 years old
“I have known my madrina for many years and she is someone who cares very much for me. She respects me and I have a lot of respect for her. We are friends and she is part of my family.”
– Omar, 10 years old
“You have been helping me since I was a child. Thanks to you, I am who I am now“
- Pablo Josue, 17 years old
“My madrina has a lot of kindness and I like playing with her. She loves me and I love her.”
– Berta Estefania, 9 years old
If you want further details about what is like to be a sponsor, then why not take a read of our frequently asked questions.
If you have any further questions about sponsoring one of our students then please contact us via email@example.com